8.08.2008

Double Wedding

August 1st, my cousin Davey married Amanda! And at the same time, his best friend Gavin married Amber (Amanda's Sister!). The wedding was near Elkhart, IN and the ceremony was amazing! It was fun and God -centered...the way a wedding should be! The theme was vintage, so all guests were requested to wear black and cream. Here is a picture of the new Mr. and Mrs. Davey Blackburn! Congrats you two!It was a challenge finding black and cream for the girls, but I think their outfits turned out pretty dang cute...
Notice Jac's bows match her shoes...I love being a mom of girls!
They had little photo areas set up with all kinds of hats and gloves to try on. Here is our family picture from the evening!
Peak-a-boo grandma!
Davey is my mom's brother's son, so my whole mom's side of the family stayed all weekend at the Essenhaus in good ol' Amish Country, IN! This picture of Nic relaxing with the girls is precious...esp. Izy's smile!
We spent the afternoon in the pool...ring around the rosie anyone?!
I told my parents that I wanted them to think of what they wanted to be called...like as far as grandma, papa, poppy, mimi, etc. They both were not sold on the fact that they should be the ones coming up with their own names, but to please me my dad give it some long hard thought...and came up with Horacio. Ha! So here is Izy getting in some quality time with Horacio! (We will see how long that lasts!)
Amish style food is amazing! And so is having all your aunts around for meals!
I love to have my family in town...but hate when they leave! It was so great to spend time with them this weekend and I miss them already!

1 comment:

Erin Pongratz said...

I love going to the Amish country. We have been there a couple of times! Its in the middle of freakin nowhere but, I swear its the cleanest Hotel or Inn I have ever been too....cute fam pics of the wedding too.